TOP 10 MUST-GO PLACES IN ARMENIA
Despite the ongoing Coronavirus crisis people still believe in travel. A huge number of people are sitting at home and making their future travel plans. Now you have enough time to explore the different countries, top places and make your ideal tour program. Just for that very reason, we decided to suggest you our list of top 10 must-go places in Armenia to help you with this difficult task. Here is a short outline of the best places to get your portion of life-long impressions with you back home!
Here we go with the top 10 must-go places in Armenia!
1. Start your tour from Etchmiadzin– the holy capital of all Armenians. Here on every turn, you will have a spiritual awakening. You can witness many relics of the Christian world such as the Holy Spear, a small piece from Jesus Christ’s cross, a piece from Noah’s ark and many other relics.
2. There are so many UNESCO sites in Armenia but the closest to Yerevan is Geghard monastery partially cut into the rock, which illustrates the very peak of Armenian medieval architecture.
3. Besides being the first Christian country, Armenia is also the only place in the region where you can still see a pagan temple – Garni which for centuries has been the royal residence of all our kings as well.
4. Don’t miss the chance to visit Birds’ caves in Areni village. Archaeologists came to the conclusion that Armenians were aware of winemaking secrets still in the Late Chalcolithic period (c.6000-3000 BCE). It’s an ideal place to try the local wine. Moreover, explore the winemaking techniques and visit the medieval period gem of Armenia Noravank Monastery.
So, continue the list with the top 10 must-go places in Armenia!
5. Afterwards, drive a few kilometres up from Noravank to enjoy the spa corner of Armenia – town Jermuk. Amazing landscapes, towering cliffs and the waterfall, mineral springs and a variety of spa services will warmly welcome you here.
6. If you have more days in Armenia visit the South of the country. Enjoy the awe-inspiring views from the world’s longest reversible cable-car taking you to Tatev Monastery. Enjoy the virgin beauty of nature and the 9th-century monastery complex nestled in the mountains.
7. Make an unforgettable visit to one of the cave villages located in the South of Armenia – Khndzoresk. Walk down the steps to pass over the longest hand-made swinging bridge and find yourself among early Cliffside dwellings.
8. Lake Sevan is another must-go destination in Armenia. On the way don’t hesitate to drive a little up to visit Dilijan – the Armenian Switzerland amazing everyone with its fertile flora and fauna life and many historical places.
9. If you want to see something really different, go to Gyumri – the city of arts and crafts, humour and fun. Find yourself travelling in a horse chariot among 19th-century buildings, try mouth-watering local dishes and make a visit to one of the many museums of the city.
10. This list can be endless, but if you are short of time, spend your last day in Yerevan to fix the whole warmth, flavour and friendly atmosphere of Armenia in your hearts!