10 Must-Do Things in Armenia
If you plan a trip to Armenia, then you are an explorer inside. There is an inner will driving you to find out more about this little but charming country boasting a rich history. But how to do it within several days of your visit when there is so much to see and taste. To feel the real taste of the country in all its flavours you need to explore the country from all its sides. Armenia is not only about its historical sites and kitchen. To feel the pure authenticity of the country you need to immerse deeply into these people’s culture. But what is Culture? So what people eat, what they value most and keep for centuries, how they sing and dance and how they explain each movement, how they build and amaze the whole world, what is typical of only Armenians and what forms their character— all this is about their culture. So spend a few minutes on the following article 10 Must-Do Things in Armenia not to miss the most important when in Armenia!
1. To feel the endless energy of the city you need to have a walking tour in Yerevan. Walking around the city centre is the simplest way to feel the energy and the breath of the city.
2. Highly Recommended! Complete your first impression of the city at Cascade Complex. It is a unique combination of beautiful view of the city and the Holy mountain Ararat plus modern art.
3. Want to immerse into the local culture? Then Gum market is the right place for you to feel the Armenian hospitality, openness and enjoying the original display of Armenian fresh and dried fruits.
4. Let’s try to find out what these people value more than their lives! Yerevan is a city of museums and visiting some of them is one of the 10 must-do things in Armenia for anyone who wants to understand the rich history and culture of the country. So History museum, Matenadaran-manuscript depository, Genocide museum or Sergei Parajanov museum should be in your priority list.
5. The real touch of the culture comes in our dances, songs and music. So if it’s Sunday and you are a lover of spiritual music then head to Saint Zoravor church. Here you can participate in the holy liturgy (11 am -1 pm every Sunday). It can be something unforgettable for anyone. Then feel another improvised version of Armenian music at Malkhaz Jazz club or Kami club.
6. You can’t leave Armenia without visiting Ararat brandy factory. This is what people call real Armenian flavour!
7. Shop for local hand-made items! Vernissage – this is a great place to snatch up a variety of traditional Armenian artwork, such as rugs, wood carvings, paintings, musical instruments and jewellery.
8. Savour authentic Armenian dinner at one of the best local restaurants like Sherep, Tavern, Lavash, Vostan, Tsirani and Chinar.
9. Complete your impression of Yerevan city visiting Megerian carpet factory- discover the world of hand-made and original rugs. They have unique patterns and a long history of development behind.
10. And if you want to reveal all the hidden sides of this amazing country, don’t hesitate to take a professional guide.